In Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, Brutus said, 'Not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more." We think you'll make a similar proclamation-that you love Rome-during this week-long vacation to the 'Eternal City.' Rome brings you sumptuous cuisine, architectural and artistic treasures, excellent wine, splendid beauty, and ancient ruins. And no one brings you Rome like Monograms! On this 7-day vacation, we have arranged your hotel reservations, daily breakfast, and sightseeing. Plus, a one-of-a-kind feature is the Monograms Local Host, a local who is there for you throughout your stay to answer questions, offer suggestions, share little-known secrets, and help your vacation run smoothly.Your vacation begins as soon as you arrive in Rome, where we can seamlessly escort you from the airport to your selected hotel. Here, your Local Host will greet you with a warm "benvenuto," a smile, and a set of materials to help familiarize you with the city. The next day, after an included breakfast, we'll pick you up at your hotel for morning guided sightseeing, which also includes a headset. We'll take you to the Vatican Museums; the Sistine Chapel, where you'll view Michelangelo's The Last Judgment and his famous ceiling paintings; and St. Peter's Square and Basilica, built in 313 AD. We'll also take you to the iconic Colosseum, where you can imagine what it was like to be a gladiator in the 1st century, and the Roman Forum, where the oldest structures of the ancient city are located. And with Monograms, your inside visits to these must-see attractions include VIP access, which means you get to skip the lines! Why waste your time waiting in line like all the other tourists when you can be up close with the Vatican Museums' exhibits or standing inside the Colosseum rather than outside? You'll have four free days in Rome to explore on your own (with the support of your Local Host, of course). You may want to take an excursion to Pompeii; to the jet-set island of Capri; or to Tivoli, where Emperor Hadrian built his villa in the 2nd century. You may want to visit Rome's catacombs, take a walking tour that includes the Pantheon and Spanish Steps, shop at one of the many designer stores, and partake in the delicious Italian food. Be sure to throw a coin in Trevi Fountain, which is said to ensure your return to Rome. Just ask your Local Host for suggestions. And never fear?we've scouted out the city and know the best place to capture a photo of St. Peter's Basilica!Don't forget, your vacation package also includes buffet breakfast every day. Between the sightseeing and guides we've included, the breakfasts we've included, and the hotel we've booked, we've made your vacation easy. Add the comfort of knowing you'll have someone there who speaks the language, knows the city, and can assist you, and you've got yourself a marvelous vacation!
Call (520) 445-6812 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13598231
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 7 Days
- Escorted - No
|Day 1||Rome||Benvenuto-welcome! Your Local Host is on hand to help you create lasting memories in the 'Eternal City.'|
|Day 2||Rome||Your morning guided sightseeing, with headset, is rich in religious and ancient history. Visit the VATICAN MUSEUMS to see its amazing treasures. In the SISTINE CHAPEL, where the Conclave is held to elect new popes, view Michelangelo's The Last Judgment and his famous ceiling paintings. Also on the agenda today, enter monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA, built in 313 AD above St. Peter the Apostle's tomb and home to Michelangelo's masterpiece Renaissance sculpture, the Pieta. Cross the Tiber River and continue your immersion in history at the iconic COLOSSEUM, built for 50,000 spectators, and the ROMAN FORUM, where the oldest structures of the ancient city are located.|
|Day 3||Rome||Your Local Host will have many ideas for your four full days at leisure, such as how to find the Bocca della Verita (Mouth of Truth), which is said to be the face of a river god that will bite off a liar's hand; or a visit to Cimitero Acattolico of Testaccio (non-Catholic cemetery), a corner of peace in the heart of the city and resting place of poets Keats and Shelley.|
|Day 4||Rome||Your Local Host will have many ideas for your four full days at leisure, such as how to find the Bocca della Verita (Mouth of Truth), which is said to be the face of a river god that will bite off a liar's hand; or a visit to Cimitero Acattolico of Testaccio (non-Catholic cemetery), a corner of peace in the heart of the city and resting place of poets Keats and Shelley.|
|Day 5||Rome||Your Local Host will have many ideas for your four full days at leisure, such as how to find the Bocca della Verita (Mouth of Truth), which is said to be the face of a river god that will bite off a liar's hand; or a visit to Cimitero Acattolico of Testaccio (non-Catholic cemetery), a corner of peace in the heart of the city and resting place of poets Keats and Shelley.|
|Day 6||Rome||Your Local Host will have many ideas for your four full days at leisure, such as how to find the Bocca della Verita (Mouth of Truth), which is said to be the face of a river god that will bite off a liar's hand; or a visit to Cimitero Acattolico of Testaccio (non-Catholic cemetery), a corner of peace in the heart of the city and resting place of poets Keats and Shelley.|
|Day 7||Rome||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.|
- US$ Price Details
2019 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification. Details will be available in September 2018.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).