BANGKOK Narai Hotel (MF)KANCHANABURI Felix River Kwai Resort (F)AYUTTHAYA Kantary Hotel, Ayutthaya (F)PHITSANULOK Amarin Lagoon Hotel (MF)CHIANG RAI Wiang Inn Hotel (F)CHIANG MAI Empress Hotel (MF)
Call (520) 445-6812 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596886
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Bangkok||Welcome to Thailand's capital city. Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Bangkok||Bangkok is an exhilarating blend of historic and religious monuments, chic modernity, exciting shopping and friendly culture. An exciting day of sightseeing is ahead, taking in the city's principal landmarks such as the splendid TEMPLE OF THE GOLDEN BUDDHA and the spectacular TEMPLE OF THE RECLINING BUDDHA, the oldest and largest Buddhist temple in Bangkok. You will also visit the gleaming GRAND PALACE, Thailand's most sacred monument; and the spectacular TEMPLE OF THE EMERALD BUDDHA. This evening, enjoy a special THAI DINNER, accompanied by Thai classical music and dancers. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Bangkok||Visit the legendary DAMNOEN SADUAK FLOATING MARKET, where traders sell all manner of items from their boats, including exotic fruits, vegetables, silks, and toys. Later, visit the world's tallest Buddhist pagoda, PHRA PATHOM CHEDI, before returning to Bangkok. (B)|
|Day 4||Bangkok||Explore Bangkok at leisure, perhaps enjoying the great-value shopping, lively market, and delicious Thai cuisine. (B)|
|Day 5||Kanchanaburi||Travel to Kanchanaburi on the banks of the Kwai River, famed for the River Kwai Bridge, built during WWII. Visit the ALLIED FORCES CEMETERY and spend time in the fascinating THAILAND-BURMA RAILWAY CENTRE. Today's highlight is a TRAIN RIDE across the famous bridge to Wang Po Station. This afternoon, visit HELLFIRE PASS MEMORIAL, part of the Death Railway that cuts through the mountains. Today, it houses a museum detailing life of the Allied prisoners and Asian laborers who helped build the railway, and subsequently suffered or died at Hellfire Pass. (B,L)|
|Day 6||Ayutthaya||Start the day with a stop in SAI YOK NATIONAL PARK to see SAI YOK YAI WATERFALL. Then, head to Ayutthaya, ancient capital of Siam. Here, you will visit BANG PA-IN PALACE, which was built in the 18th century as a summer residence for the Kings of Ayutthaya. (B,L)|
|Day 7||Phitsanulok||Depart Ayutthaya to Uthai Thani, a small town on the Sakaekrang River, and visit WAT THA SUNG, an impressive temple with its Crystal Hall and Golden Grand shrine. Take a 1-hour CRUISE along Sakaekrang River, enjoying the local life. Later, drive to Phitsanulok, one of Thailand's oldest cities, founded over 600 years ago. This evening, consider an optional rickshaw ride to experience Phitsanulok's colorful night market. (B,L)|
|Day 8||Chiang Rai||Journey to Sukhothai, Thailand's 13th-century former capital, and admire the atmospheric, moated Old Town. Here, you will visit SUKHOTHAI HISTORIC PARK, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and explore ruined temples and monasteries, including WAT SI CHUM with its stunning seated Buddha. Later, travel through rural countryside to Chiang Rai. (B,L)|
|Day 9||Chiang Rai||Enjoy breathtaking vistas as you journey to Doi Mae Salong and visit a TEA PLANTATION. Continue to Mae Sai, Thailand's northernmost town, and on to the renowned GOLDEN TRIANGLE, where the borders of Thailand, Burma, and Laos meet. You may consider an optional boat tour on the Mekong River. (B,L)|
|Day 10||Chiang Mai||Today's journey takes you to Chiang Mai. Visit WAT RONG KHUN and the hot springs at MAE KA CHAN, which locals believe relieve a host of ailments. After lunch, continue through lush jungle to Chiang Mai, a fragrant mountain retreat known as the 'Rose of the North' for its refreshing climate. Upon arrival, visit SAN KAMPAENG to see local craftsmen make Thailand's traditional lacquerware and teakwood furniture. Tonight, enjoy a traditional KHANTOKE DINNER and DANCE SHOW. (B,L,D)|
|Day 11||Chiang Mai||Spend the morning at an ELEPHANT SANCTUARY, where over 30 elephants roam freely in a safe and sustainable environment and are not subjected to mistreatment (including rides). Here, you have the chance to touch, feed, photograph, and interact with the elephants at your leisure while you learn about their lifestyle and behaviors. You will also have a chance to interact with the Karen tribe, home to the PADAUNG LONG-NECKED WOMEN. (B,L)|
|Day 12||Chiang Mai||Today is free for you to enjoy this dynamic city. You may opt to join our optional Thai cooking class and learn the secrets of traditional dishes. (B)|
|Day 13||Chiang Mai||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel.Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local guides are available for pre-purchase on the base vacation. For vacations that include an extension to the base, pre-paid gratuities only include the base portion. Any additional gratuities would need to be paid on trip. Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement: $370Triple rooms are not available.Extra Nights per person in Bangkok:in single room $78; in twin room $47Extra Nights per person in Chiang Mai:January-April, November-December 23, December 25-30: in single room $80; in twin room $46May 1-October 31: in single room $73; in twin room $42December 24 & December 31: in single room $159; in twin room $124
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).