Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2018
It's all bourbon and bluegrass on this jaunt from the capital of the South to the heart of the Kentucky Derby. You'll tour a Vanderbilt mansion, explore the pristine beauty of America's Great Smoky Mountains and enjoy dinner with Muhammad Ali's brother after touring the Ali Childhood Home Museum.
- Orientation of Atlanta, Louisville
- Visit CNN Studios, George Vanderbilt's Biltmore Estate, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Cumberland Gap National Historical Park, Museum of the Cherokee Indian, Kentucky Horse Park, Buffalo Trace Distillery, Churchill Downs, the Kentucky Derby Museum
- 7 full breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (520) 445-6812 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13627713
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Atlanta||Arrive Atlanta: Welcome to cosmopolitan Atlanta, capital of the South. At 6 p.m. gather with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception. Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Asheville||Atlanta - Asheville: Explore Atlanta and its most prized landmarks as you make your way to the CNN Studios. Join the Inside CNN VIP Tour for an exclusive behind-the-scenes experience with expanded access to the working studios at the Global Headquarters of CNN Worldwide. This tour takes you inside the studios, control rooms and newsrooms. Then head north to Asheville, North Carolina, and your hotel located in the heart of the city.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Gatlinburg||Asheville - Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Gatlinburg (2 Nights): Start the day with a guided visit to the Biltmore Estate, the largest privately owned home in America. Explore the spectacular gardens and learn about the Vanderbilts. Next, head for Great Smoky Mountains National Park, America's most visited National Park, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Stop at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Visitors' Center and explore 19th century wilderness settlement life with a Local Specialist. Also visit the Museum of the Cherokee Indian. Travel through the centre of the park enjoying stunning vistas and witness the "smoky" mist of blue haze that surrounds the mountains for which the park is named. This evening, arrive in Gatlinburg.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
The Park Vista - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
|Day 4||Gatlinburg||Gatlinburg: Today is free for optional activities. Explore the park further, go walking, cycling, or visit Dollywood, owned by country music legend Dolly Parton which may be followed by Dolly Parton's famous Dixie Stampede Dinner Attraction.Full Breakfast|
|Day 5||Lexington||Gatlinburg - Cumberland Gap - Lexington: Stand in awe at Cumberland Gap National Historical Park, the first great gateway to the west. The buffalo, the Native American, the longhunter and the pioneer all travelled this route through the mountains. Continue through Kentucky into Lexington, the "Horse Capital of the World." This afternoon, choose to delve into equine culture at the Kentucky Horse Park or explore the International Museum of the Horse, an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution.Full Breakfast|
Hyatt Regency Lexington
|Day 6||Louisville||Lexington - Louisville (2 Nights): Visit a horse retirement farm, and Cultural Insight, to meet equine residents and learn about their careers and lives. Next, travel along the Bourbon Trail to Buffalo Trace Distillery, the world's most award-winning distillery, for an insider's look into the behind-the-scenes work that goes into crafting truly great bourbon. You'll witness everything from grain delivery to the cooking process, fermentation and, of course, distillation and enjoy a taste of the final product. Continue on through Blue Grass Country to Louisville. This evening, you are treated to an exclusive Be My Guest experience as you meet the younger brother of Muhammad Ali, Mr. Rahaman Ali. He will guide you on a visit of the Ali Childhood Home Museum and host dinner at a nearby bed and breakfast.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
Hyatt Regency Louisville
|Day 7||Louisville||Louisville Sightseeing: Head to Churchill Downs, the legendary thoroughbred racetrack that has hosted the Kentucky Derby since 1875. Then you're off for fun and excitement as you visit the Kentucky Derby Museum, the most dynamic and unique celebration known worldwide as the "Greatest Two Minutes in Sports." This afternoon is at leisure before joining your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner filled with bluegrass music, history and authentic Kentucky cuisine.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Louisville||Depart Louisville: The morning is free before your transfer to Louisville International Airport or you may choose to extend your stay at the Hyatt Regency Louisville. Alternatively, you can continue your trip down to Nashville for a two-day independent extension (see below) or join our Tastes and Sounds of the South trip (see pages 78-79).Full Breakfast|
- Travel Today, Sustain Tomorrow Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Farms Providing a dignified retirement to thoroughbreds whose racing and breeding careers have come to an end. Promoting these one-time celebrated horses through a campaign of education and tourism, raising awareness of all equines in need.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class