A rich cultural heritage, fascinating history, and beautiful landscapes make Poland an interesting place to discover. On this Poland tour, you'll spend three nights in Warsaw, two nights each in Gdansk and Krakow, and one night in Poznan. Along the way, learn about Poland's history and visit some of its historic cities with their charming old towns, and some UNESCO World Heritage Sites.Enjoy sightseeing with a Local Guide-an expert in the city's history, sights, culture, and secrets-in Warsaw, Gdansk, Torun, Poznan, and Krakow. Torun is the birthplace of renaissance astronomer Copernicus and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the Middle Ages, it was a prominent trade center as a member of the Hanseatic League.. Dating back to the 7th century, Krakow is known as Poland's most beautiful city and cultural capital. Here, your sightseeing features the Market Square, one of Europe's loveliest squares; Wawel Hill, and St. Mary's Church, an icon of the city. Gdansk is a beautiful port city on the Baltic Sea which played an important role in recent history by facilitating the events that brought to the fall of the Berlin wall.On this Poland tour, you'll visit Jasna Gora, the monastery near Czestochowa, an important pilgrimage spot. Its Black Madonna, a painting of the Virgin Mary, is a symbol of the country and venerated as the "Queen of Poland." You'll also visit what is left of the Auschwitz concentration camp, a chilling reminder of the Holocaust. You'll arrive home from this value-minded tour through Poland with a new appreciation of Poland's history, culture, and wonderful cities- an enriching vacation!
Call (520) 445-6812 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13730959
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Warsaw||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore the Polish capital. In the early evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Gdansk||Today's included sightseeing tour with a Local Guide is an excellent introduction to Warsaw. Magnificently reconstructed after WWII, Warsaw is a rich tapestry of nearly every European architectural style, from gothic to neoclassical, with wide, modern avenues in striking contrast to the narrow lanes of the old section. Continue to Gdansk on the Baltic Sea, which were one of the most important Hanseatic cities in the 14th and 15th centuries. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Gdansk||One of the most important shipping ports in Northern Europe, Gdansk (formerly known by its German name, Danzig) is the birthplace of 'Solidarity,' the Polish trade union that revolutionized Polish modern politics. Sightseeing this morning with your Local Guide introduces you to the city's past and present. Later, spend some time exploring on your own, or join the optional excursion to the town of Malbork, founded in the 13th century by the Teutonic Knights. Visit its gothic Marienburg Castle, one of the most striking fortified castles in Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Poznan||First stop today is medieval Torun on the Vistula River, birthplace of renaissance astronomer Copernicus and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your Local Guide will introduce you to the many captivating highlights, including the STAROWKA Old Town with the ruins of a 13th-century Teutonic Knights' castle as well as many samples of gothic architecture. Head west to Poznan, one of the country's oldest cities and a part of Polish history for the past 1,000 years. This afternoon, discover the main attractions on your included city sightseeing with a Local Guide. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Krakow||First, to Jasna Gora near Czestochowa for a guided visit of the MONASTERY that withstood the repeated onslaughts of overwhelming Swedish forces during the religious wars of the 17th century. Since then, its Black Madonna has been venerated as the 'Queen of Poland' and has become the country's national symbol. Later, head to Krakow. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Krakow||Dating back to the 7th century, Krakow is held up by many as Poland's most beautiful city. It was the country's capital for over 500 years; the included city tour with a Local Guide shows off ancient Krakow, for centuries the residence of Polish kings. See the Market Square, the Jewish Quarter, Wawel Hill, and ST. MARY'S CHURCH. Continue exploring on your own or take the opportunity to visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine, a renowned mine that produced table salt continuously from the 13th century until 2007. This evening, consider joining an optional polka party. (B)|
|Day 7||Warsaw||Encounter sobering history this morning on your visit to what is left of the AUSCHWITZ CONCENTRATION CAMP, a chilling reminder of the Holocaust. In the afternoon, return to Warsaw. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Warsaw||After breakfast, revisit Warsaw on your own or maybe join an optional excursion to Wilanow Castle. Tonight's optional farewell dinner is a great way to round out your exciting adventure in Poland. (B)|
|Day 9||Warsaw||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $400No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Warsaw:in single room $129; in twin / in triple $70
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).