2018: Pilgrimage to Lourdes - Faith-Based Travel (5350)
6 days from Lourdes to Lourdes
On this faith-based tour, spend five nights in Lourdes, one of the world's most famous pilgrimage sites located in the foothills of the Pyrenees Mountains. Here, in 1858, a 14-year-old girl named Bernadette saw apparitions of the Virgin Mary 18 times. Today, pilgrims from all over the world flock to Lourdes for its spiritual powers. On this tour to Lourdes, you'll learn about St. Bernadette. You'll visit her birthplace, her family home, and the Grotto where she witnessed the apparitions. During your walking tour, you'll visit Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine. At your own pace, you can visit the Basilica, attend the Sanctuary's official celebrations, pray, meditate the Rosary, attend Mass, visit the Grotto, follow the Way of the Cross, and visit the baths where the Holy Virgin asked Bernadette to 'go drink at the spring and wash yourself there' and that are believed to have healing waters. Every evening, you can join other pilgrims in the Candlelight Marian Procession and attend the 11 pm Mass in the Grotto.On this spiritual journey to Lourdes, you'll also enjoy a guided visit of Chateau-Fort, a fortified castle built during Roman times and perched on a rocky outcrop with remarkable views. With its drawbridge, watchtowers, and walls, it is now a museum telling the history and culture of the area. Accompanied by a dedicated Tour Director and other savvy, value-minded travelers desiring an inspirational journey, this pilgrimage to Lourdes is the perfect way to reaffirm your faith.
LOURDES Paradis (F) or Quality Christina (ST)
LOURDES Paradis (F) or Quality Christina (ST)
Call (520) 445-6812 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13883433
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lourdes||Check into your hotel, then meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers and prepare for your upcoming spiritual journey. If time permits, start your experience with a visit to the Lourdes GROTTO, the simple area where St. Bernadette witnessed the Holy Virgin's apparitions in 1858. Light a candle and collect your thoughts in prayer as St. Bernadette did.|
|Day 2||Lourdes||Start your day with a walking tour of the town, including a visit to the OUR LADY OF LOURDES SHRINE, followed by a deeper insight into St. Bernadette's life. Visit her BIRTHPLACE and her FAMILY HOME in Cachot and hear the story of her apparitions. They started on February 11th, 1858, when Bernadette Soubirous was only 14 years old. While she was in the Grotto, she experienced the apparition of a girl, dressed in white and with a blue belt around her waist, who eventually introduced herself as the Immaculate Conception. The Holy Virgin appeared to Bernadette 18 times, after which her life completely changed. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Lourdes||Attend the Sanctuary's official celebrations visiting the BASILICA and St. Bernadette's places at your own pace with several opportunities to pray and meditate. Every evening, you can join the CANDLELIGHT MARIAN PROCESSION, where everybody is invited to carry a candle as a reminder of Baptism. Following the procession, there is the possibility of attending the 11 pm [M] Mass in the Grotto. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Lourdes||Time for introspection and silence and the possibility to further explore on your own or follow the WAY OF THE CROSS on a steep wooded area on the hillside. Attend [M] Mass or meditate the Rosary at the Grotto or in the Sanctuary. Alternatively, you may choose to discover beautiful mountain landscapes of the Pyrenees on an optional excursion. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Lourdes||In the morning join a guided visit of CHATEAU-FORT, strategically placed at the entrance of the seven valleys of the Lavedan. The castle was originally built in Roman times, but was reinforced several times over the centuries. Hear about the legend of Charlemagne and visit the exhibition about Pyrenean arts and culture. In the afternoon, spend some more time taking in the special atmosphere of Lourdes, maybe visit the BATHS of the same water that the Holy Virgin asked Bernadette to 'go drink at the spring and wash yourself there.' (B,D)|
|Day 6||Lourdes||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Toulouse.) (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $275Guaranteed shares not availableNo triple room reduction.2019 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).