2017: Tanzania Private Safari with Zanzibar - Beach (IQTD)
12 days from Arusha to Dar es Salaam
Call (520) 445-6812 for more information or to book today! Mention code 12910632
- Tour Operator
- 12 Days
- Escorted - No
|Day 1||Arusha||Welcome to Africa! Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Tarangire National Park Area||Travel south to TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK, where baobab and acacia trees dominate the landscape. After lunch, embark on an exciting AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Tarangire Area||Today features MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES in the savannah grasslands. Enjoy panoramic views of baobab and acacia trees as you search for the elephant, eland, zebra, and Cape buffalo that congregate around the waterholes. Relax at your lodge or camp between game drives. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Ngorongoro Conservation Area||Drive to LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK at the base of the Rift Valley escarpment. This small park is ecologically diverse, with groundwater forests, grassy plains, and alkaline Lake Manyara itself. During a GAME DRIVE, watch for elephant, Cape buffalo, and giraffe. The park is also home to the world's largest concentration of baboon. Then, drive to beautiful Gibb's Farm for a relaxing lunch featuring sumptuous farm-to-table cuisine. Afterward, continue to the NGORONGORO CONSERVATION AREA for the night. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Ngorongoro Area||Today, enjoy a FULL-DAY GAME DRIVE in Ngorongoro Crater. The crater is technically a caldera-the world's largest unflooded, in fact, at more than 2,000 feet deep with a floor covering over 102 square miles. Game viewing here is fantastic, as most of the animals stay in this area year round. You can see lion, Cape buffalo, hippo, elephant, and flamingo. This is also your best chance to see the rare black rhinoceros. A picnic lunch will be served in the crater. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Serengeti National Park||This morning, drive to SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK, Tanzania's largest and most famous park. Home to the annual Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra, generally between late November and July, it attracts visitors from around the world and is great for game viewing year round. Enjoy lunch prior to your AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. (B,L,D)NOTE: The Great Migration is a natural event, and the arrival/departure of the migrating herds varies slightly from year to year.|
|Day 7||Serengeti||Today, enjoy MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES and search for the 'Big 5'-lion, leopard, Cape buffalo, elephant, and rhino-as well as an abundance of other animals, including cheetah, giraffe, warthog, gazelle, and eland. Between game drives, take advantage of leisure time to relax. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Serengeti||The Serengeti covers an area of roughly 5,700 square miles, so it is no surprise that the name comes from the Maasai word siringit, meaning 'endless plains.' Continue exploring this vast park during MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Zanzibar Beach||This morning, fly back to Arusha and connect to your flight to Stone Town, then transfer to your beach hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Zanzibar Beach||Spend two full days at leisure at your beach resort. (B,L,D daily)|
|Day 11||Zanzibar Beach||Spend two full days at leisure at your beach resort. (B,L,D daily)|
|Day 12||Homebound Flight||This morning, fly to Dar es Salaam, where your vacation ends. We have secured a day room at the Dar es Salaam Serena Hotel for you to use prior to your homebound flight. Book homebound flights after 4 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Monograms, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $642. Required intra-vacation air segment: Serengeti/Zanzibar; Zanzibar/Dar es Salaam. Air prices were effective on July 13, 2016 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your vacation, air prices may be higher.Safari package includes park entrance fees of $435 per person.2018 departures are subject to itinerary and price modifications. Details will be available in July 2017.NOTES:
- Bottled water is included on all game drives and with all meals.
- All game viewing is done at your own risk. We will require a signed liability waiver prior to travel.
- Check with your travel agent or physician regarding the latest health requirements for travel to Tanzania.
- We do not recommend this vacation to people with serious back problems, as it can be quite rough on some East Africa roads and game park trails.
- Due to limited capacity on safari vehicles and flights, your suitcase must be soft-sided and cannot exceed 33 lbs including hand luggage.
- Some minor changes in your daily itinerary may be expected due to wildlife migrations and viewing.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Monograms, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Monograms, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Monograms to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $10 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $3.70 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Monograms menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Monograms offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Monograms in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable service fee ($30 per person for North America, $80 per person for South Pacific, $50 per person for all other destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Monograms has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.