2017: Kenya Private Safari with Nairobi, Amboseli National Park Area & Samburu National Reserve Area (IQKK)
14 days from Nairobi to Nairobi
Call (520) 445-6812 for more information or to book today! Mention code 12910592
- Tour Operator
- 14 Days
- Escorted - No
|Day 1||Nairobi||Welcome to Africa! Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Nairobi||Start your sightseeing with a visit to the SHELDRICK ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE, founded and managed by Daphne Sheldrick. Here, you will learn about elephant conservation and meet elephant calves, orphaned by poachers, before they are re-introduced to the wild. Next, visit the KAREN BLIXEN MUSEUM, dedicated to the author of Out of Africa. Lastly, stop at the GIRAFFE CENTER, a non-profit organization focused on saving the Rothschild's giraffe, where you will learn about this sub-species and have the opportunity to feed them. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Amboseli National Park Area||Today, drive to AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK, best known for spectacular views of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa at some 19,341 feet. Enjoy your first GAME DRIVE this afternoon. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Amboseli Area||Today features MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. Amboseli offers you a great opportunity to get close to the mighty elephant. You might also spot Cape buffalo, zebra, wild dog, and more. During the heat of the day, relax at your lodge or camp. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Samburu National Reserve||Today, fly to Nanyuki (via Nairobi), where you will meet a new Driver/Guide and drive to SAMBURU NATIONAL RESERVE, home to a diverse population of animals. Enjoy a GAME DRIVE this afternoon, with the chance to see animals unique to this part of Kenya. Referred to as the Samburu 'Special 5,' these consist of the Grevy's zebra, reticulated giraffe, Somali ostrich, beisa oryx, and the gerenuk, a long-necked antelope that feeds while standing on its hind feet. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Samburu Area||Today, enjoy MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. In addition to the Samburu 'Special 5,' this area is home to an abundance of other species. Large numbers of elephant and Nile crocodile can be seen, as well as waterbuck, Kirk's dik-dik, and Grant's gazelle. Where there is prey, predators can be found, so lion and leopard are often spotted. The area is also great for bird watching, with more than 300 species. Between game drives, take advantage of leisure time to relax. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Ol Pejeta Conservancy||Today, drive to OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY, the largest black rhino sanctuary in all of East Africa. After lunch, embark on an AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE in search of Cape buffalo, lion, rhino, giraffe, and more. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Ol Pejeta||Rise early for a MORNING GAME DRIVE with beautiful Mount Kenya as the backdrop. Beyond the 'Big 5,' you may spot cheetah, zebra, gazelle, and more. If you are lucky, you might even spot rare wild dogs. After lunch, enjoy a GAME DRIVE in the conservancy, including a stop at the CHIMP SANCTUARY. In partnership with the Kenya Wildlife Service and the Jane Goodall Institute, the sanctuary was established to provide a long-term home for orphaned and abused chimpanzees. Here, see the chimps and learn more about their plight. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Lake Nakuru National Park Area||A final GAME DRIVE in the conservancy before driving to the Lake Nakuru area. The journey takes you through the beautiful Kenyan highlands, one of the most fertile agricultural areas in all of Africa, where farmers grow crops such as corn, wheat, coffee, and tea. Stop for lunch at Aberdare Country Club. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Lake Nakuru Area||Today, explore LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK during MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. The park is home to a variety of animals including giraffe, impala, Cape buffalo, and striped hyena. This is also your best chance to see white rhino, which are commonly spotted here. Relax at your lodge or camp between game drives. (B,L,D) NOTE:If staying at Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp, you may opt for an afternoon game drive closer to camp in Soysambu Conservancy.|
|Day 11||Maasai Mara National Reserve Area||Drive to MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE, Kenya's most famous game area. Stop for lunch en route before embarking on an AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. (B,L,D)|
|Day 12||Maasai Mara Area||Today, your Driver/Guide pilots you on MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES in the 'Mara,' as it is called by the locals. Part of the Serengeti ecosystem, the reserve boasts a strong permanent population of game. When the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra arrives, generally between August and early November, the population enlarges by almost 2 million. This provides a great food source for predators such as lion, cheetah, leopard, and hyena. (B,L,D)NOTE: The Great Migration is a natural event, and the arrival/departure of the migrating herds varies slightly year to year.|
|Day 13||Maasai Mara Area||Further explore this magical place during MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. Watch for elephant, rhino, topi, cheetah, and much more. Between game drives, take advantage of leisure time to relax. (B,L,D)|
|Day 14||Homebound Flight||This morning, fly back to Nairobi, where your vacation ends. We have reserved a day room at the Ole Sereni Hotel for you to use prior to your homebound flight. Book homebound flights after 5 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Monograms, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $639. Required intra-vacation air segment is Amboseli/Mara/Nairobi. Air prices were effective on July 13, 2016 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your vacation, air prices may be higher. Safari package includes park entrance fees of $560 per person.Upgrade to a 4x4 vehicle in Kenya is available for $120-$350 per person (depending on party size). Ask for details at time of booking.2018 departures are subject to itinerary and price modifications. Details will be available in July 2017.NOTES:
- Bottled water is included on all game drives and with all meals.
- All game viewing is done at your own risk. We will require a signed liability waiver prior to travel.
- Check with your travel agent or physician regarding the latest health requirements for travel to Kenya.
- We do not recommend this vacation to people with serious back problems, as it can be quite rough on some East Africa roads and game park trails.
- Due to limited capacity on safari vehicles and flights, your suitcase must be soft-sided and cannot exceed 33 lbs including hand luggage.
- Some minor changes in your daily itinerary may be expected due to wildlife migrations and viewing.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Monograms, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Monograms, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Monograms to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $10 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $3.70 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Monograms menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Monograms offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Monograms in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable service fee ($30 per person for North America, $80 per person for South Pacific, $50 per person for all other destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Monograms has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.