2017: East Africa Private Safari with Nairobi & Lake Nakuru National Park Area (IQHE)
14 days from Nairobi to Arusha
Call (520) 445-6812 for more information or to book today! Mention code 12910511
- Tour Operator
- 14 Days
- Escorted - No
|Day 1||Nairobi||Welcome to Africa! Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Nairobi||Start your sightseeing with a visit to the SHELDRICK ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE, founded and managed by Daphne Sheldrick. Here, you will learn about elephant conservation and meet elephant calves, orphaned by poachers, before they are re-introduced to the wild. Next, visit the KAREN BLIXEN MUSEUM, dedicated to the author of Out of Africa. Lastly, stop at the GIRAFFE CENTER, a non-profit organization focused on saving the Rothschild's giraffe, where you will learn about this sub-species and have the opportunity to feed them. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Lake Nakuru National Park Area||Today, drive to LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK, one of the best places in Kenya to view rhino. After lunch, depart on your first exciting GAME DRIVE. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Lake Nakuru Area||Today, explore further on MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. The park is home to a variety of animals, including giraffe, impala, Cape buffalo, and striped hyena. (B,L,D)NOTE:If staying at Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp, you may opt for an afternoon game drive closer to camp in Soysambu Conservancy.|
|Day 5||Maasai Mara National Reserve Area||Drive to MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE, Kenya's most famous game area. Stop for lunch en route before embarking on your first GAME DRIVE in search of the 'Big 5'-lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Maasai Mara||Today, your Driver/Guide pilots you on MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES in the 'Mara,' as it is called by the locals. Part of the Serengeti ecosystem, it boasts a strong permanent population of game. When the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra arrives, generally between August and early November, the population enlarges by almost 2 million. This provides a great food source for predators such as lion, cheetah, leopard, and hyena. Between game drives, take advantage of leisure time to relax. (B,L,D) NOTE: The Great Migration is a natural event, and the arrival/departure of the migrating herds varies slightly year to year.|
|Day 7||Amboseli National Park Area||After breakfast, board a plane for the quick flight to Nairobi. After a short break, drive to AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK, best known for spectacular views of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa at some 19,341 feet. Embark on an AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE before settling in at your lodge or camp. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Amboseli Area||Today features MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. Amboseli offers you a great opportunity to get close to the mighty elephant. You might also spot Cape buffalo, zebra, wild dog, and more. Relax between game drives. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Lake Manyara National Park Area||This morning, cross the border into Tanzania. After lunch in Arusha, proceed to your lodge along the rim of the Great Rift Valley escarpment. Check-in and enjoy some leisure time prior to dinner. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Ngorongoro Conservation Area||After breakfast, embark on a MORNING GAME DRIVE in LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK. This small park is ecologically diverse, with groundwater forests, grassy plains, and alkaline Lake Manyara itself. Watch for elephant, Cape buffalo, giraffe, and more. The park is also home to the world's largest concentration of baboon. Then, drive to beautiful Gibb's Farm for a relaxing lunch featuring sumptuous farm-to-table cuisine. Afterward, continue to the NGORONGORO CONSERVATION AREA for the night. (B,L,D)|
|Day 11||Ngorongoro Area||Today, enjoy a FULL-DAY GAME DRIVE in Ngorongoro Crater. The crater is technically a caldera-the world's largest unflooded, in fact, at more than 2,000 feet deep with a floor covering over 102 square miles. Game viewing here is fantastic, as most of the animals stay in this area year round. You can see lion, Cape buffalo, hippo, elephant, and flamingo. This is also your best chance to see the rare black rhinoceros. A picnic lunch will be served in the crater. (B,L,D)|
|Day 12||Serengeti National Park||Today, drive to SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK, Tanzania's largest and most famous park. Home to the annual Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra, generally between late November and July, it attracts visitors from around the world and is great for game viewing year round. Enjoy lunch and some down time prior to your AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. (B,L,D)NOTE:The Great Migration is a natural event, and the arrival/departure of the migrating herds varies slightly year to year.|
|Day 13||Serengeti||The Serengeti covers an area of roughly 5,700 square miles, so it is no surprise that the name comes from the Maasai word siringit, meaning 'endless plains.' Continue exploring this vast park during MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. Search for leopard, rhino, and an abundance of other animals, including cheetah, giraffe, gazelle, and eland. (B,L,D)|
|Day 14||Homebound Flight||This morning, fly back to Arusha, where your vacation ends. We have reserved a day room at the Mount Meru Hotel for you to use prior to your homebound flight. Book homebound flights after 5 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel.Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Monograms, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $477. Required intra-vacation air segments are Maasai Mara/Nairobi; Serengeti/Arusha. Air prices were effective on July 13, 2016, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your vacation, air prices may be higher. Safari package includes park entrance fees of $585 per person.Upgrade to a 4x4 vehicle in Kenya is available for $100-$270 per person (depending on party size). Ask for details at time of booking.2018 departures are subject to itinerary and price modifications. Details will be available in July 2017.NOTES:
- Bottled water is included on all game drives and with all meals.
- All game viewing is done at your own risk. We will require a signed liability waiver prior to travel.
- Check with your travel agent or physician regarding the latest health requirements for travel to Kenya & Tanzania.
- We do not recommend this vacation to people with serious back problems, as it can be quite rough on some East Africa roads and game park trails.
- Due to limited capacity on safari vehicles and flights, your suitcase must be soft-sided and cannot exceed 33 lbs including hand luggage.
- Some minor changes in your daily itinerary may be expected due to wildlife migrations and viewing.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Monograms, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Monograms, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Monograms to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $10 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $3.70 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Monograms menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Monograms offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Monograms in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable service fee ($30 per person for North America, $80 per person for South Pacific, $50 per person for all other destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Monograms has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.