Danube Holiday Markets (2017) : S.S. Maria Theresa
8 Days From Budapest To Passau
A festive Yuletide river cruise through the heart of old-world Europe.
Glorious baroque architecture, delightful concerts and sparkling wintertime scenery make for a truly unforgettable holiday cruise along the Danube. Along the way, you'll explore four scenic countries, each with its own seasonal treats and traditions. In Hungary, wander through the festive atmosphere of Budapest's Vorosmarty Square, nibbling kurtos kalacs, a unique pastry baked on rods and dusted with sugar. In Slovakia, market stalls display traditional Christmas items such as spiced ginger cookies and charming figurines fashioned from cornhusks. Enjoy a "Taste of Christmas" in Austria and a classical music concert at an opulent Viennese palace. Admire living Nativity scenes, join in onboard caroling, listen to an exhilarating organ recital, and even mail a letter from the famous Christkindl Post Office, where children from around the world send letters to Santa Claus each year.
All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
6 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
Guided "Taste of Christmas" and "Gentle Walking" programs
State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
Use of Nordic walking sticks
7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the majestic River Beatrice
Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
4 countries: Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia
4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
All transfers on arrival and departure days
Captivating onboard local entertainment
Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "The Sound of Christmas Music, from 'Silent Night' to Christmas Oratorio"
Call (520) 445-6812 for more information or to book today! Mention code 12793772
- Cruise Line
- 8 Days
- Cruise Ship
- S.S. Maria Theresa
Click for more information on this ship.
|Day 3||Cruising the Danube River|
- Note: Christmas Markets are generally open from the beginning of Advent until December 23.
- Prices listed in US dollars and are per person based on double occupancy
- Prices exclude additional port charges of $175 and are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy. Other restrictions may apply.
- Airfare is not included in prices listed above. Please inquire at time of booking for best available airfare pricing.
- Single supplement applies for single accomodation.
- Itineraries and vessels may change, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
- The order of sightseeing and docking ports are subject to change according to port authority assignments.
*Savings are listed in US dollars and are for new bookings only. Savings offers are not combinable. Subject to availability. Capacity controlled. Other restrictions may apply. Uniworld reserves the right to withdraw or change offers at any time. For complete details on all promotions, general information, and terms and conditions applicable to all Uniworld trips, please visit terms and conditions.